In January 2014, we offered our second Chocolate pairing event, Spirits and Chocolate. These are some of the pairing suggestions recommended by our knowledgeable Sommelier Nelson Abreu AIWS from 30-50 Imports. Give them a try and let us know what you think. Or experiment with your own tastings – remember that when pairing spirits many of your choices may be high in alcohol so please consume accordingly.
El Dorado 12 year old Rum – Guyana
Bright burnished copper colour. Rich aromas of roasted nuts, vanilla bean, cafe cream and raw sugar. A luxurious rum. Rating: Silver (Best in Class) – International Wine & Spirit Competition.
Pair with :
- Sweet and Salty Walnuts in Dark Chocolate
- Salted Dark Chocolate
- Niblet Bar: Cranberries & Raw Cacao Nibs in Dark Chocolate
Amaro Montenegro – Italy
Produced from a blend of over 40 herbs from around the world. A liquor sweet in taste with a slightly bitter finish it displays early botanical scents of orange peel, fresh coriander, red cherry and pekoe tea cucumber.
- Candied Orange Peel in Dark Chocolate
- Pumpkin Pie Truffle in Dark Chocolate
- Coffee Truffle in Milk Chocolate
Made with Orange and Fine Old Cognac Brandy. Tastes faintly like a combination of curacao and Benedictine with a strong orange background.
- Caramel Truffle in Milk Chocolate
- Golden Sponge Toffee in Milk Chocolate
- Spiced Almonds & Hazelnuts in Dark Chocolate
Please eat heartily and healthy and drink responsibly! If you are interested in holding your own Pairing event please drop us a line